Monday, January 23, 2012

May the workforce be with you, for a little while at least

Hey hey, this is my weekly update. So this week was my first week at my new job. I am a mechanical engineer at a company that designs beverage canning factories. This week was tough for me because I knew nothing about what to do. I like knowing exactly what's expected of me and how to do it. I knew neither of these. I didn't know terminology, process, the little details of how things were done. I had told myself I wouldn't be an engineer and here I am as an engineer. I am trying to learn to readjust my mindset and look at engineering as a way to worship God. This is not a task I am doing for man but for God. Knowing that is different than believing it though and it has been tough. So any prayer this week would be greatly appreciated as I continue to learn this lesson.

I also had a rough day yesterday, yet I still learned more about my relationship with Christ through my relationship with London. Basically, I had had a bad attitude earlier in the day and had been cold about something I should have been excited about. So naturally, London was hurt and when we talked on the phone, we were both in bad moods. I honestly felt a little attacked, although looking back, she wasn't trying to attack me. I knew enough to not attack back, but I got defensive. It is the natural thing to do when you feel attacked. But that just made it worse. I would try to accept responsibility, and then explain myself. This caused issues and made the mess bigger. Later I asked God why I couldn't defend myself when I was attacked, and He showed me how Christ taught to turn the other cheek when someone strikes you, and He lived out that message. He was accused of all kinds of sins wrongly and He hadn't even sinned in His life and He responded with total silence. He did not accept responsibility because he was not responsible, and he did not defend Himself. These examples are far more extreme than what I experienced of course since London did not want to attack me, I just felt like she was, but the lesson was still learned! When I feel wronged in my relationship with London, I do not have the right to explain myself. It does not have to be fair. I am supposed to be Christlike and accept responsibility and give up my right to defend and just show love. This will take some time to figure out of course, but the process has started.

No comments:

Post a Comment