Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Love Song for a Savior

Hey hey what up! Sorry I'm a couple days late! I'm at the Passion conference right now and it is incredible! But I will cover that next week. Anyway, I had something on my heart last week that I wanted to share. It's nothing very long, just something to think about. We are relational beings. We are wired that way. The bible certainly indicates that it has been that way since creation. The fall is when we lost our perfect relationship with God and things went south very quickly. I'm currently reading Searching For God Knows What by Donald Miller and it deals with this topic. While I haven't finished the book yet, I highly recommend it. Anyway, I was realizing that there are two halves of all of my relationships: my half, and the other persons half. I contribute but I expect them to contribute as well. If our relationship with God is really what we call it, that is a relationship, then there are two halves of that relationship as well. We seem to ignore our part of it though. We expect God to bless us, to give us His spirit, to fight our battles, but we don't expect to give Him our lives, to devote our every breath to Him. We expect to be able to sing some prewritten songs once a week to Him and then let Him love on us extravagantly. This would be like a wife telling her husband she loves him once a week but expecting him to dote on her and meet her every need constantly. That is not a healthy relationship at all! Our relationship with God needs to be two way! If we expect constant love from him we need to plan on constantly loving Him back. Anyway just something to think about.

In other news, I hung around St. Louis this week. London came in town the day after Christmas and we have just been hanging out, going to parties and meeting people, hanging out, getting sick, and preparing for the Passion Conference. So that is my life in a nutshell. I can't wait to discuss this conference next week though. It has been very cool! So until next week, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment