Monday, January 9, 2012

Hey what's up y'all!

So this last week I was in Atlanta for the Passion conference. We heard messages from Louie Giglio, Beth Moore, Christine Cain, Francis Chan, and John Piper. Our worship was led by Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Christy Nockels, Kristian Stanfill, Charlie Hall, David Crowder, Hillsong United, and Lecrae. Needless to say it was very good! Worshipping with 43,000 other believers is incredibly powerful! One of the most powerful moments of worship though was when we sang How Great is Our God in several different languages at once. Singers were present from Brazil, Russia, Mexico, Uganda, and Indonesia. It was really cool! Two of the speakers stood out to me more than the others. Francis Chan impressed me with his genuine love for the word of God and the way he just reads the bible and does what it says without trying to read his own agenda into it. John Piper's sermon might have been really good, but I'm not smart enough to take it all in on one try.

Louie Giglio's sermon during the last session we had impressed me very much though. He spoke about what the will of God is for our lives. He taught from Ephesians 6:19. the will of God is that whenever we open our mouths, we would fearlessly proclaim the gospel. That means that that is what we need to do right now, wherever we are. We don't need a big sweeping plan of what we need to do in order to be effective for God, we need to be effective right here, right now. Our prayer should be that wherever we are, that when we open our mouths, we should be able to fearlessly proclaim the gospel. That was a very good reminder that I don't have to wait until I'm out of the country to represent God, I need ot be doing that right now. Those were a couple of the main points I got out of the conference.

Other highlights were the fact that we raised 3.1 million dollars to help end modern day slavery, which is currently bigger than slavery ever has been in the past. The goal was to raise one million which was going to go to 6 organizations dealing with sex trafficking and human trafficking in Atlanta and around the world. We managed to raise 3.1 million though. Listening to all the things that the money was going to fund was really powerful and made it really feel like we had made a difference. Anyway, that was my week. I have one more week before I start working so prayer there would be appreciated. I will talk to you all next week.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment